Tuesday, November 18, 2008

bhujapidasana

david keil (of yoganatomy.com) is at our shala this week. he's an awesome teacher! yay david! 

so i just started practicing mysore style ashtanga not too long ago. it's been hard to get up in the morning some days but it's always worth it to be there in the end. i guess for this first month i was stopping at navasana because that's where my teacher told me to. i couldn't even get my legs off the ground for a while because it hurt my lower back. but today i made the effort to take my legs off the ground even if they were bent at the knee...
  
after navasana, i went straight to my backbends and david asked me what was my last pose and i said navasana and he told me to take bhujapidasana. of course i've never really learned this pose so he taught me and made me try it three times. it's fun learning new poses for sure. i like learning this way. i like knowing that this is where i'll be for right now. and that something else may come along later. 

i'm really tired. i couldn't fall asleep last night and i woke up at 5. and now i have to work for 10-11 hours. i think tonight i shouldn't have a problem with passing out.. 

No comments: