Wednesday, June 30, 2010

a trip to the grocery store.



I've been minimizing "stuff" in my life. Some stuff... I cut out coffee for the month of June.. to save money. And save I did! I slowly am drinking a cup or not a day.. I also cut out spending lots of money on clothing or outings. I am trying to live with what I have, although I did buy myself a pair of TOMS shoes the other day.. Anyway.

Tonight, I went to Whole Foods Callowhill. I had $41 in cash, mostly 1's. I decided that I wouldn't spend more than that. If I could spend less, then awesome. But I would not go over. In order to do this, I whipped out my cell phone and used it's calculator function to add up my items as I shopped. I had a blast. I'm telling you, this is how to grocery shop. I also brought my Chrome Back Pack (empty of course) and used it to bring my groceries home. I did drive my car because I was kind of tired from biking around town today.. but I easily could have biked with the groceries on my back.

So I spent $32.05 on my groceries. I was almost exact in my calculations on how much I would spend. I bought essentials like peanut butter and bread and eggs. I bought some frivolous things like organic raspberries and organic peaches. I also bought sunscreen. I won't bore you with the totals of everything. If you would like me to join you in a food shopping trip to help keep you on budget, I would love to!! Of course, it has to be at a cool food store like Whole Foods or Trader Joes or Essene. I can't stand all those other stores. They really drive me nuts.

Ok lovelies. The picture above is of my full backpack. It could've held more. Probably $10 more. This is good stuff.

3 comments:

Christina said...

ooh I love toms shoes! where did you get them!?

Amanda said...

bus stop boutique on 4th and fitzwater. small selection. but good..

oakley oil rig sunglasses said...

A lot of people nowadays feel Cheap Oakley Sunglasses spectacles and also huygy7n sun shades are usually entirely special and possess not necessarily choices. Yet once we point out Oakley Jawbone, you could somewhat have got concerns. can sun shades likewise have Oakley Frogskin? Sure, you might be proper. In fact, they will is the sun shades which may have approved contact lenses. and they also have got the goal of the 2 Oakley Frogskins a static correction and also Oakley Frogskin type assertion.