Monday, May 24, 2010

The lightness of being.

Let me set the stage: 7am, alarm goes off, I'm incredibly tired. I had a super busy, hectic night at D's on Sunday and today I wanted my bed. Set my alarm to go off again at 7:15... In a moment of clarity, I remembered a friend might be coming to the Shala for her first mysore practice and I wanted to be there for her.. So I hopped out of bed, threw on my clothes and rode my bike in a sleepy daze over to the shala.

I roll out my mat. I do my sun salutes which I will described as sleep induced sun salutes. It was hazy. I was sweating within 2 minutes of starting my practice. Humidity!!

So I practiced.. By the time I was finished the standing poses, I woke up a bit.

When I got to the floor, things felt different. I felt light. My jumps thrus were almost effortless. It was like I was a feather. I don't know what shifted today, but I just felt a new sense of being.

I know this will change. Everything does.

We are constantly shifting, growing, morphing. I like that.

I'll end with a quote from Fiona Apple that has been floating around my brain:

"I certainly haven't been shopping for any new shoes
-And-
I certainly haven't been spreading myself around
I still only travel by foot and by foot, it's a slow climb,
But I'm good at being uncomfortable, so
I can't stop changing all the time."

3 comments:

oakley oil rig sunglasses said...

A lot of people nowadays feel Cheap Oakley Sunglasses spectacles and also huygy7n sun shades are usually entirely special and possess not necessarily choices. Yet once we point out Oakley Jawbone, you could somewhat have got concerns. can sun shades likewise have Oakley Frogskin? Sure, you might be proper. In fact, they will is the sun shades which may have approved contact lenses. and they also have got the goal of the 2 Oakley Frogskins a static correction and also Oakley Frogskin type assertion.

oakley oil rig sunglasses said...

A lot of people nowadays feel Cheap Oakley Sunglasses spectacles and also huygy7n sun shades are usually entirely special and possess not necessarily choices. Yet once we point out Oakley Jawbone, you could somewhat have got concerns. can sun shades likewise have Oakley Frogskin? Sure, you might be proper. In fact, they will is the sun shades which may have approved contact lenses. and they also have got the goal of the 2 Oakley Frogskins a static correction and also Oakley Frogskin type assertion.

Tony Raz said...

When our practice got started we needed provider based billing help. These were the guys we turned to and they did a great job.