Sunday, December 28, 2008

life at 25.

i often find myself talking to my boyfriend about our future. we talk about plans. what we want in life. what we think we'll do with our life. how to make our lives better.

i normally get frustrated during these talks because he seems to be on a path. he knows what he wants to do and how to do it. he has a career in mind and he knows he will be successful. i'm extremely happy for him. 

i, on the other hand, do not know what i want to do. does any 25 year old know what they want to do for real?? i mean, i have friends who are 25 and are married and they are lawyers, business ladies, working men and women. i'm a nanny. a noble job of sorts. it's hard work, good money... but not something i want to do for forever. i want to figure out what i want to do with my life, but i honestly have no aspirations to be a woman who wears a suit. or someone who works their life away. i want to be able to still focus on my life. my yoga practice. my dog. my family. etc. 

i want to find something that is exciting. challenging. inspirational. something that helps people. i'm at a loss.

i really just don't know what i can do. i want to go back to school to get a master's, but for what? an undergrad in art.... oiy! i have lots to think about... maybe i should start up my photography again... hmmmm.


No comments: