Saturday, July 11, 2009

you are my mother.

I looked across my mat during the beginning of the final chant today during Jill-ji's class. The girl across from me had her eyes closed. As soon as she recognized the chant, she smiled big, really big. I knew it had to be something special. I closed my eyes and felt how special and wonderful that moment was for everyone in the room.

"you are my mother, you are my father, you are my family, you are my friend, you are my knowledge, you are my wealth, you are my all, o light of all lights you are." (This is the translation I found online.)

I cried when Jill spoke these words to us today. I didn't think her leaving would affect me so much, but it truly is. I am going to miss her deeply. I feel like I'm finding this amazing family in Philly and it makes me sad Jill will be leaving, but I know she will be back to visit.

Ok, I'm not going to get all mushy gushy here. I'll leave that up to Jill.. to make us all bawl our eyes out in the next few weeks.

No comments: